Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc. (ISSI) values the importance of our employees in building a global business and organization. It is our continuous initiative to foster a positive and motivational work place as well as to instill a collaborative and team-oriented work environment so our employees would grow with us through our success.
At ISSI, we treat our employees like our family members. With competitive benefits, friendly co-workers, flexible work schedules and more, work life at ISSI is great!
Design Engineer | Req. 10-011
Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc. (ISSI) is seeking an experienced Design Engineer . If you think you are the right candidate for this exciting job, we welcome you to apply.
This position requires memory circuit design experience. The role will be mostly design related but knowledge of design, verification and validation processes will be required. Knowledge of Digital/Analog circuit design and product development experience is preferred.
Ideal candidate will be able to evaluate reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs, and develops electronic parts, components, and integrated circuitry.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform chip architecture, logic/circuit design, and simulation and optimization ISSI products
- Research and analyzes chip failures, and data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application of ISSI memory products
- Develop design structure for performing required applications and modules
- Build, test, debug chip problems and document the new designs to be released to manufacture
- Manage the layout planning
- Support Manufacture and field service on any design issues
- Conducts design review meetings with internal staff
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- This candidate requires a minimum of a B.S. in engineering, a deep technical understanding of memories (both SRAM and DRAM), a good understanding of communications products such as router, switches, base stations etc, and strong communications skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, but not limited to the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Principles and techniques of electrical engineering required
- Knowledge of memory architecture and high speed/low power memory circuit techniques required
- Synchronous memory, DDR, QDR, and Pseudo SRAM experience and high-speed technique design experience preferred
- Experienced with memory simulator such as HSPICE, HSIM, Verilog, and layout tool and verification software required
- Proficient in analysis, simulation and design using engineering tools
- Candidate must have good organization skills and an ability to work productively both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to interface and coordinate work with all levels and other departments
- Recent experience with analog DLL/PLL design, Voltage generator, IO impedance are preferred
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to other design peers in verbal and written form
- BSEE plus 7+ years circuit design experience
Include with your resume the job reference no. and the job title. Please use only one of the following methods:
- Mail to:
ISSI Employment Department,
1623 Buckeye Dr. Milpitas, CA 95035
- Fax to:
Human Resources Employment at 408-969-7800
- Email to: