About Integrated Silicon Solution Inc. (ISSI)
ISSI is a technology leader that designs, develops, and markets high performance integrated circuits for the following key markets: (i) automotive, (ii) industrial and medical, (iii) communications/enterprise, and (iv) digital consumer. Our primary products are high speed and low power SRAM and low and medium density DRAM, NOR/NAND Flash, and eMMC products. We target these key markets with our cost-effective, high-quality semiconductor products and seek to build long-term relationships with our customers. We have been a committed long-term supplier of memory products, including lower density and smaller volume products, even during periods of tight manufacturing capacity.
Our outsourced manufacturing model is based upon a history of joint technology development relationships with key foundries. We also make strategic equity purchases in selected foundries. We have expanded our presence in important markets by adding to design groups in US, China, Korea and Taiwan, and investing in applications engineering and technical support in closer proximity to end customers. These groups complement our core engineering and product management teams located in our Silicon Valley Headquarters in California.
In recent years, the need for sophisticated semiconductor memory has expanded beyond the personal computer market and into the automotive, communications, digital consumer, industrial and medical markets. Increased memory content is required in these products in order to help process large amounts of data.
Our customers include leaders in each of our four target markets. Due to their significant size and market influence, these customers help define the direction of future memory needs.
The increasing demand for high-performance memory devices across a variety of end markets provides a substantial opportunity for a focused supplier of high-performance memory integrated circuits, such as ISSI. Key elements of our strategy to capitalize on this opportunity are:
- Build Collaborative Relationships with Leading Edge Foundries. We work in a highly collaborative mode with our principal wafer foundries to develop leading edge process technology and to gain more secure access to wafer capacity during industry up cycles.
- Commit to Being a Long-Term Supplier of our Products. Our fabless sourcing model allows us to accommodate smaller volume product runs and provide a source of long-term supply for our customers' needs.
- Continue to Develop and Offer High Performance Products. We work with our customers to identify the memory requirements of their next generation products and then focus our development efforts accordingly.
- Expand our Technical Teams to increase our presence with our customers. We intend to continue to capitalize on our extensive experience and invest in people and capital where needed.
- Further Align with Industry Leading Customers. We leverage our expertise in producing high-quality memory products to support strategic customers in our target markets.
- Develop new and innovative memory products for Key Markets. In order to provide further value for our customers, we are developing innovative memory that solve problems for our customers.
ISSI's regional headquarters is in Milpitas, California, with worldwide offices in Mainland China, Europe, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan and the U.S.