Functional Safety/ISO 26262
ISO 26262 Implementation
ISSI kicked-off its ISO 26262 project in July 2017. A series of training courses, on site workshop exercises, SC-AFSP (Automotive Functional Safety Professional for Semiconductor) training, and process audit certification were completed in November 2018. ISSI then began working on the first product-specific certification to the ISO 26262 standard.
In January 2019, ISSI earned a process certificate for the ISO 26262 standard. In order to follow ISSI’s strategy to meet automotive safety requirements, ISSI requested all subcontractors to implement ISO 26262, and become process certified. Implementing these standards begins with the product design phase, and extends throughout the entire product lifecycle.
In April 2021, ISSI attained its first product certification to ISO26262 for 4Gb DDR3 DRAM with ECC. The certificate states that this product is in compliance with ASIL-B standards.
ISSI Safety Policy:
ISSI management and teams implement the highest possible safety standards to demonstrate that safety is of the highest priority. This is done by:
- Understanding the use of our parts in the customers’ application and designing products using proactive methods that meet the safety needs of our customers’ applications
- Implementing checks and balances to ensure robustness in the manufacturing, assembly, testing of our devices
- Ensuring communication and accountability is maintained throughout the manufacturing process
- Continuously rewarding methods that encourage improvement
- Making sure that our employees are properly trained to meet the functional safety requirements in each of their jobs